Your Trusted Feet on the Ground
Peace of mind, that’s what our Owner Representation services mean to clients. Vital to maintaining schedules and staying on budget, an Owner Representative is an extension of the owner’s staff that is tasked with keeping a project moving forward correctly. Traditionally the role of the owner’s representative is held by the Architect-of-Record on the project, now it has become more common for the owner to retain a third-party architectural consultant to assist with the development process.
Our Owner Representatives act as the advocate for an owner who doesn’t have feet on the ground or anyone on staff experienced in the design, pre-construction, and construction phases of a project. Our goal is a smooth flow of information, and the elimination of unnecessary confusion as we guide on-site contractors and vendors. We have successfully proven to provide great benefits in maintaining project schedules and budgets while also inspiring a well-motivated team striving for the best possible results.
We excel in owner representation because of our experience, giving us a host of satisfied clients with projects completed on time and under budget.
9 Benefits of Owner Representation
- BSSW works with the owner to aid in city approvals of the design and construction plans
- During construction, BSSW spends sufficient time on-site to ensure compliance with the design, recognizing and resolving conflicts
- BSSW negotiates with city departments when appropriate
- BSSW advises owners regarding city regulations and approval process
- BSSW assists in the payment process to ensure contractors are compensated for the work
- When difficult and complicated challenges arise, BSSW studies the problem, explores possible solutions, and supplies the owner with clearly defined options along with a recommended course of action
- BSSW attends public hearings and speaks on the owner’s behalf
- BSSW assists during project construction as needed, including analyzing design changes that can occur
- BSSW provides advice on pre-construction design changes to aid in city approval processes